Thursday, August 11, 2011

Part 3: Bumps on the Road to Baby

When I first got my baby fever a few years back... I purchased the book What-Expect-Before-Youre-Expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel; I loved reading this book when I first purchased- it was not until I started reading 'Part 3: Bumps on the Road to Baby' that I did not want to read this anymore. It was not because the information was not accurate or anything... It was because I felt I could relate WAY too much to this information.

I needed so desperately to LIE to myself about infertility!

After I finally stopped relating every information written in this part of the book. I realized that no matter what condition was listed there, there was always a box named: 'The Good News'... so instead of always being so DARN negative about this... I started to pay more attention to the good news.

so do I have fibroids? I don't think so! I believe my doctor would have noticed this by now. HOWEVER, even if I did have this, according to the book, "research shows that trating and or removing fibroids can increase fertility".

There are other conditions such as: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, STDs, Endometriosis, Scar Tissue/Surgical Adhesions, Ovarian Cyst, PCOS, etc!!!! -who knew there were so many conditions that would prevent you from having a baby?!?!?!

and the most common one and the one I know for sure I have is "IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL PERIODS".... I never thought I would want "the witch" to be punctual and visit me every month at the same time, and date! I so desperately want this to happen, but ever since I was a little girl, that has not been the case! *sigh*

For now, I am going to focus on being POSITIVE and on making this a POSITIVE experience; afterall, pregnancy (including TTC) should be fun, not stressful!
 There will be no more tears, at least tonight! :-)
*Update: I lied, I did cry tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment