Thursday, November 24, 2011

Candied Sweet Potatoes

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, I made my first dish to bring for our family on Thanksgiving.
Every year, I went to the store and bought a dish.
My mother in law asked me if I ever made 'Sweet Potatoes' before,
I quickly replied "yes"
...
I made 'Sweet Potatoes' before at my previous job.
I opened a can, put the content inside a baking dish, and turned the oven on.
That counts as making it? Doesn't it?

Okay, maybe "no" but I just couldn't tell my mother in law that,
'No, I have not made Sweet Potatoes before'
...
How hard can it be? Not hard at all :)

Here is the recipe I used:

  • Four Pounds of Sweet Potatoes
  • 2 1/4 cups of brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups of margarine (I used 'I can't believe its butter')
  • 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
  • Ground cinnamon to taste
  • Ground nutmeg to taste 
Directions:
  • Preheat over to 400 degrees F
  • Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes (slightly underdone); drain, cool, and peel
  • In a large pot combine margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and marshmallows 
    • I did this step twice. One bash, I used to mix with the sweet potatoes, and the second bash, I used on top of the sweet potatoes
  • Stir potatoes with the marshmallows sauce. Smash potatoes and transfer to prepared dish.
  • Finish with topping the sweet potatoes with marshmallows and bake for 15 minutes 
The Final Product:

0 comments:

Post a Comment